The 7th International Conference "Teaching Logic and Prospects of its Development" will be held at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in May 12-15, 2016. It is a biennial conference started from 2002 and organized by the Department of Logic of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
Traditionally the topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Logic as a research field and academic discipline: checks and balances.
- Logic for the philosophy students: required curriculum and its implementation.
- Major in logic: its scope and limits.
- Logic and related courses (informal logic, theory of argumentation, rhetoric, eristic, etc.).
- General logic course for non-philosophy students: needs and prospects.
- International trends in logic education and its relevance for Ukrainian context.
- Advances and promising directions in development of modern logic, and their implementation in philosophy and logic curricula.
It is expected that this conference will facilitate the promotion of logic in Ukraine and Eastern Europe, and encourage a younger generation of researchers to engage themselves in logical investigations.